- EV9 From $105,990 + on road costs
- EV6 GT From $129,990 + on road costs
- EV6 From $76,990 + on road costs
- Sorento From $62,990 + on road costs
- Sportage From $40,290 + on road costs
- Niro From $44,990 + on road costs
- Seltos From $32,990 + on road costs
- Stonic From $25,990 + on road costs
- Niro Plus From $41,990 + on road costs
- Picanto From $24,490 + on road costs
- Carnival From $60,440 + on road costs
Warranty Programme (pre March 1st 2023)
All new Kia passenger vehicles come with an impressive 5-year / 100,000 km (whichever occurs first) warranty that covers you for any manufacturing or assembly defects (see exclusions or exceptions specified in the terms and conditions). Your authorised Kia dealer will take care of all necessary repairs within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle, and during normal business hours. What’s more, we guarantee any replacements will only be made using genuine Kia parts, to correct any legitimate fault covered by this warranty without charge to you.
High Voltage Battery (HVB) Warranty
All new Kia vehicles that are powered by a high-voltage drive battery comes with a 7-year / 160,000 km (whichever occurs first) warranty that covers components found in the drive battery case. In the event that your vehicle becomes immobile due to a high voltage battery or system failure, we’ll cover the cost of the tow to the nearest authorised Kia dealer.
Warranty Programme Terms, Conditions and Exclusions
- (a) Basic Coverage
The basic WARRANTY PERIOD is 36 months or 100,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first. Your vehicle is covered during this period - excluding the exclusions or exceptions specified on this website.
- (b) Major Driveline Mechanical/Electrical Component Coverage (excludes K2900/K2500)
Upon expiration of the 36 months Basic Warranty Period provided the vehicle mileage remains below 100,000 km, the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component coverage begins (except on K2900/K2500 Models whereby the total warranty period in 3 years or 100,000 km, whichever occurs first). This will cover Major Mechanical Driveline and Electrical Components up to 60 months or 100,000 km, whichever occurs first, from the earlier date of first delivery or date of registration. It excludes items listed under 'Exclusions or Exceptions' and 'What is not Covered'.
- (c) Corrosion Coverage
Any body sheet metal panel that rusts-through due to corrosion is covered for the basic warranty period.
- (d) Kia Service Part Warranty
Kia warrants that Genuine Kia service parts originally installed or replaced at the owners cost after the vehicle warranty had expired, are free from defects in material and workmanship and are covered for a 12-month / 20,000 km period, whichever occurs first.
- The items specified below are covered for periods which are different from the basic coverage.
- (a) Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge Air Condition
refrigerant charge is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometres. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
- (b) Tyres
If warranty service for a tyre is required, please present the unserviceable tyre to the local representative or tyre manufacturer for advice.
- (c) 12-volt Batteries
The 12-volt battery in your vehicle is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of the kilometres.
The items specified below are not covered:
- Misuse of the Kia vehicle such as (but not limited to) driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc (proper usage is described in your Owners Manual)
- Cost of vehicle repairs prior to Kia involvement.
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot.
- Damage resulting from alteration, modification, tampering with the manufacturer's specification or the installation of non-standard equipment or failure to use Genuine Kia Parts.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap etc), salt, road hazards, hail, wind, storm, lightning and other acts of God.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Lack of proper maintenance as described on the following pages.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owners Manual. Where fuel contamination has occurred, the fuel filter will require replacement, at the owner's cost.
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as decolouration, fading, deformation.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Kia Vehicle.
- Normal maintenance service such as engine tune-up, replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, wiper blades, drive belts, filters, brake & clutch linings, spark plugs, electric bulbs, gaskets, brake rotors, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Various adjustments such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of headlamps, wheel alignment, balancing (and rotation where specified) and engine adjustments.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Service", "Owner Maintenance Service" or "Appearance Care" in your Owners Manual.
- Any damage resulting from the use of non-genuine Kia parts.
- Any defects caused by repair or replacement by other than an authorised Kia dealer.
- Damage or failure caused by repairs to vehicles involved in accidents which have not been repaired to acceptable industry standards.
- Adjustments to body panels, squeaks and rattles are a period of 3 months from the date of first registration.
- Where a vehicle has been de-registered as a result of a major accident or other serious damage the Kia Factory Warranty will be voided.
- Failures resulting from lack of performance of proper maintenance services as specified in the Owners Manual.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the vehicle, inconvenience or commercial loss where the vehicle is used for the purpose of a business.
Exclusions Relating to the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component Coverage
The following exclusions are in addition to those listed previously, however they relate to the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component cover specified for the 36 to 60 month period from the date of first registration and provided the vehicle remains below 100,000km.
- Body panels, lights, glass and paintwork, trim upholstery, cosmetic and any body related items including but not limited to door and door lock linkages.
- 12-volt batteries, shock absorbers, exhaust system, steering components, clutch components, tyres, brake components, wheel bearings, seat belts, audio and infotainment, global positioning systems and air conditioning components.
Does my car come with a free service plan?
Free service plans are a promotional item provided on specific models only. The best way to confirm whether your vehicle included a free service plan is to check the vehicle sale and purchase agreement signed at the time of purchase and / or to contact the selling dealer directly.
What if I’m late for my service, will that affect my service plan?
Yes. Service plans are designed to cover “Scheduled services” which means that presenting your vehicle late by distance or time may impact your entitlements as well as your new vehicle Warranty.
My car didn’t come with a free service plan, can I buy one?
Yes. Service plans and plan extensions can be purchased via any authorised Kia dealer. To enquire about pricing and to order, please contact your dealer directly.
Does the service plan include WOF and Rego?
No. Service plans cover scheduled service items and labour only and do not include any additional costs for items not listed in the service schedule as defined within the Owners Manual, such as WOF inspection or registration renewal.
Roadside Assist - freephone 0800 800 542
Feel safe and secure knowing all our new passenger vehicles come with free Kia Roadside Assist for the first five years, regardless of the kilometres on the clock. After 5 years, additional coverage can be purchased for peace of mind motoring.
Benefits of Kia Roadside Assist
1 - Free roadside assistance In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we’ll send trained staff to you as soon as possible.
2 - Free lockout service Locked your keys in your vehicle? No worries, we’ll gain access for you where possible.
3 - Free change of flat tyres Maybe there’s a downpour or you just don’t know how - either way we’re here to help.
4 - Flat battery service Just call us and we’ll jump-start your battery at no cost.
5 - Free tow to safety Got a mechanical related breakdown that can’t be fixed on the spot? We’ll cover the cost of a tow to the nearest Kia dealer.
6 - Out of fuel We’ll give you $20 worth of fuel to get you to the nearest fuel station. (Limited to one call-out per vehicle.)
7 - Temporary flexi side glass replacement If you break a side glass window, we’ll fit a temporary flexi one so you can still drive safely.
8 - Emergency taxi In the event of a mechanical related breakdown that can’t be fixed on the spot, we’ll provide a taxi up to a specified amount based on your distance from home.
9 - Overnight accommodation If your vehicle repairs take longer than eight hours and you’re more than 100kms from home, we’ll give you an accommodation allowance.
10 - Rental car If your vehicle repairs take longer than eight hours and you’re more than 100kms from home, we’ll supply a rental car for up to three days usage.
Kia Roadside assist for iPhone and Android
You never know when the unexpected will happen - especially when you’re out-and-about in the car. With the Kia Roadside app you’ll be able to request roadside assistance when you get into a sticky situation with your Kia. Whether it’s a flat battery or tyre, you’ve lost your keys or are in an accident you can request help in New Zealand
Exclusions to Kia Roadside Assist
The Kia Roadside Assist programme provides for most circumstances, however, the following exclusions apply:
- Theft, vandalism and motor vehicle accidents.
- When it could be considered dangerous or illegal for our provider to load or transport the vehicle
- When the vehicle is immobilised by failure to carry a serviceable spare wheel
- As a result of misuse of the vehicle
- Where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying, pace noting, speed testing, reliability trials, competition or off-road activities at the time of breakdown.
- Where the vehicle has been used as a taxi at the time of breakdown.
- Where vehicles become bogged down on the other than a public or formed road (e.g. beaches, forest tracks etc).
- Where the vehicles become trapped or immobilised in the extreme conditions (i.e snow, ice, flooding, road slips or the like).
- Attendance to or recover a vehicle that has broken down as a result of the owner/driver negligence whereby Kia has provided the service on previous occasions and the owner/driver has not effected the necessary repairs required to ensure the safe and proper operation of the vehicle.
- When the repairs can be carried out within one full working day by a suitable repair person (rental car or accommodation will not apply).
- Cost of vehicle repairs prior to Kia involvement.
- Cost of any parts not covered under warranty.
- Vehicles of 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight.
- Consequential loss or damage resulting from acts, events, and circumstances beyond the control of Kia New Zealand Limited including, but not limited to industrial disputes, strikes, flood conditions, adverse weather conditions, geographic inaccessibility, and the absence or unavailability of sub-contractors which may delay, interfere with, or prevent the provision of some, or all the Kia Roadside Assist programme.
- What is Kia roadside assistance and incident care?
Kia has partnered with the New Zealand AA to provide roadside assistance in the event of a roadside mechanical breakdown and / or customer assistance as specified within the Benefits of Kia Roadside Assistance.
How do I request a call out?
The roadside and incident care teams are available 24/7 via freephone 0800 800 542.
You can also request assistance via the Kia Roadside app.
How long is my vehicle covered?
All new Kia vehicles receive complimentary Roadside Assistance for 5 years, regardless of the kilometers.
What If my car is involved in an accident?
Incident Care* team will assist by working with your insurer to facilitate body repairs if required following an accident
Can I extend roadside assistance beyond the included 5 Years?
Please contact the authorised Kia service agent.
What about if my car needs to be towed?
If your vehicle breaks down and cannot be driven due to a warranty related mechanical or electrical fault, we will tow the vehicle to the nearest Kia dealer for free. If the breakdown occurs more than 100kms away from your home address, we will also cover the cost of a rental vehicle and/or accommodation up to the value of $420 Incl. GST.
I am already an AA member, should I cancel my membership?
Kia roadside assistance may not include all of the benefits offered under an AA membership. To discuss or compare benefits, please contact AA directly.
Incident Care - freephone 0800 800 542
In the event of an incident or crash which requires body repairs, the Kia Incident Care Programme may be utilised by the Roadside Assist freephone number (0800 800 542), provided the following conditions are met:
- Incident Care are contacted in the first instance (with the exception of emergency services)
- The vehicle is within the respective 5-year coverage period
- The vehicle is covered under a valid insurance policy which provides coverage adequate to cover the repair/damage.
The claim manager will advise your nearest body repairer based on your insurer and location.
Benefits of Kia Incident Care
1 - Complimentary courtesy car for the duration of the repair (in most locations and subject to availability and insurance approval)*
2 - Recovery and delivery of the damaged vehicle at no extra cost to the driver
3 - Claim form provision and facilitation to insurance broker or insurance company
4 - Stakeholder coordination and communications
5 - Repair progress tracking and proactive client communications including target completion dates
6 - Complimentary vehicle valet at completion
7 - Documented quality inspection
8 - Dispute resolution and/or coordination
*Courtesy vehicles are supplied by the vehicle body repairer and is for the duration of repair once required replacement parts have been received by the vehicle body repairer.
You've found a Lucky Football.
You can now either use the secret code to sign up and nominate a child to go in the running to become a mascot mate. Or if you already have a child nominated you can redeem the secret code to give more votes to that child.