- Kia Sorento From $49,990 + on road costs
- Kia Sportage From $35,990 + on road costs
- Kia Seltos From $27,990 + on road costs
- Kia Stinger From $54,990 + on road costs
- Kia Niro EV From $69,990 + on road costs
- Kia Niro Hybrid From $39,990 + on road costs
- Kia Cerato From $31,990 + on road costs
- Kia Rio From $22,490 + on road costs
- Kia Picanto From $18,990 + on road costs
- Kia Carnival From $49,990 + on road costs
All new Kia passenger vehicles come with an impressive 5-Year/100,000km (whichever comes first) warranty that covers you for any manufacturing or assembly defects (see exclusions or exceptions specified in the terms and conditions). Your authorised Kia dealer will take care of all necessary repairs within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle, and during normal business hours. What’s more, we guarantee any replacements will only be made using genuine Kia parts, to correct any legitimate fault covered by this warranty without charge to you.
All new Kia vehicles that are powered by a high-voltage drive battery comes with a 7-Year/160,000km (whichever comes first) warranty that covers components found in the drive battery case. In the event that your vehicle becomes immobile due to a high voltage battery or system failure, we’ll cover the cost of the tow to the nearest authorised Kia dealer.
- (a) Basic Coverage
The basic WARRANTY PERIOD is 36 months or 100,000 kilometres, whichever comes first. Your vehicle is covered during this period - excluding the exclusions or exceptions specified on this website.
- (b) Major Driveline Mechanical/Electrical Component Coverage (excludes K2900/K2500)
Upon expiration of the 36 months Basic Warranty Period provided the vehicle mileage remains below 100,000km, the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component coverage begins (except on K2900/K2500 Models whereby the total warranty period in 3 years or 100,000km whichever occurs first). This will cover Major Mechanical Driveline and Electrical Components up to 60 months or 100,000km, whichever occurs first, from the earlier date of first delivery or date of registration. It excludes items listed under 'Exclusions or Exceptions' and 'What is not Covered'.
- (c) Corrosion Coverage
Any body sheet metal panel that rusts-through due to corrosion is covered for the basic warranty period.
- (d) Kia Service Part Warranty
Kia warrants that Genuine Kia service parts originally installed or replaced at the owners cost after the vehicle warranty had expired, are free from defects in material and workmanship and are covered for a 12 month / 20,000km period, whichever occurs first.
- The items specified below are covered for periods which are different from the basic coverage.
- (a) Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge Air Condition
refrigerant charge is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometres. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
- (b) Tyres
If warranty service for a tyre is required, please present the unserviceable tyre to the local representative or tyre manufacturer for advice.
- (c) 12-volt Batteries
The 12-volt battery in your vehicle is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of the kilometres.
- Misuse of the Kia vehicle such as (but not limited to) driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc (proper usage is described in your Owners Manual)
- Cost of vehicle repairs prior to Kia involvement.
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot.
- Damage resulting from alteration, modification, tampering with the manufacturer's specification or the installation of non-standard equipment or failure to use Genuine Kia Parts.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap etc), salt, road hazards, hail, wind, storm, lightning and other acts of God.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Lack of proper maintenance as described on the following pages.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owners Manual. Where fuel contamination has occurred, the fuel filter will require replacement, at the owner's cost.
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as decolouration, fading, deformation.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Kia Vehicle.
- Normal maintenance service such as engine tune-up, replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, wiper blades, drive belts, filters, brake & clutch linings, spark plugs, electric bulbs, gaskets, brake rotors, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Various adjustments such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of headlamps, wheel alignment, balancing (and rotation where specified) and engine adjustments.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Service", "Owner Maintenance Service" or "Appearance Care" in your Owners Manual.
- Any damage resulting from the use of non-genuine Kia parts.
- Any defects caused by repair or replacement by other than an authorised Kia dealer.
- Damage or failure caused by repairs to vehicles involved in accidents which have not been repaired to acceptable industry standards.
- Adjustments to body panels, squeaks and rattles are a period of 3 months from the date of first registration.
- Where a vehicle has been de-registered as a result of a major accident or other serious damage the Kia Factory Warranty will be voided.
- Failures resulting from lack of performance of proper maintenance services as specified in the Owners Manual.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the vehicle, inconvenience or commercial loss where the vehicle is used for the purpose of a business.
Exclusions Relating to the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component Coverage
The following exclusions are in addition to those listed previously, however they relate to the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component cover specified for the 36 to 60 month period from the date of first registration and provided the vehicle remains below 100,000km.
- Body panels, lights, glass and paintwork, trim upholstery, cosmetic and any body related items including but not limited to door and door lock linkages.
- 12-volt batteries, shock absorbers, exhaust system, steering components, clutch components, tyres, brake components, wheel bearings, seat belts, audio and infotainment, global positioning systems and air conditioning components.
Roadside Assist - Ph 0800 800 542
Feel safe and secure knowing all our new passenger vehicles come with free Kia Roadside Assist for the first five years, regardless of the kilometres on the clock. After the 5 years are up additional coverage can be purchased, so you always know you’re prepared.
Benefits of Kia Roadside Assist
1 - Free roadside assistance In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we’ll send trained staff to you as soon as possible.
2 - Free lockout service Locked your keys in your vehicle? No worries, we’ll gain access for you where possible.
3 - Free change of flat tyres Maybe there’s a downpour or you just don’t know how - either way we’re here to help.
4 - Flat battery service Just call us and we’ll jump-start your battery at no cost.
5 - Free tow to safety Got a mechanical related breakdown that can’t be fixed on the spot? We’ll cover the cost of a tow to the nearest Kia dealer.
6 - Out of fuel We’ll give you $20 worth of fuel to get you to the nearest fuel station. (Limited to one call-out per vehicle.)
7 - Temporary flexi side glass replacement If you break a side glass window, we’ll fit a temporary flexi one so you can still drive safely.
8 - Emergency taxi In the event of a mechanical related breakdown that can’t be fixed on the spot, we’ll provide a taxi up to a specified amount based on your distance from home.
9 - Overnight accommodation If your vehicle repairs take longer than eight hours and you’re more than 100kms from home, we’ll give you an accommodation allowance.
10 - Rental car (Excludes K2900 and K2500) If your vehicle repairs take longer than eight hours and you’re more than 100kms from home, we’ll supply a rental car for up to three days usage. (Excludes K2500 and K2900.)
Kia Roadside assist for iPhone and Android
You never know when the unexpected will happen - especially when you’re out-and-about in the car. With the Kia Roadside app you’ll be able to request roadside assistance when you get into a sticky situation with your Kia. Whether it’s a flat battery or tyre, you’ve lost your keys or are in an accident you can request help in New Zealand
Exclusions to Kia Roadside Assist
The Kia Roadside Assist programme provides for most circumstances, however, the following exclusions apply:
- Theft,vandalism and motor vehicle accidents.
- When it could be considered dangerous or illegal for our provider to load or transport the vehicle
- When the vehicle is immobilised by failure to carry a serviceable spare wheel
- As a result of misuse of the vehicle
- Where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying, pace noting, speed testing, reliability trials, competition or off-road activities at the time of breakdown.
- Wher the vehicle has been used as a taxi at the time of breakdown.
- Where vehicles become bogged down on the other than a public or formed road (e.g.beaches, forest tracks etc).
- Where the vehicles become trapped or immobilised in the extreme conditions (i.e snow, ice, flooding, road slips or the like).
- Attendance to or recover a vehicle that has broken down as a result of the owner/driver negligence whereby Kia has provided the service on previous occasions and the owner/driver has not effected the necessary repairs required to ensure the safe and proper operation of the vehicle.
- When the repairs can be carried out within one full working day by a suitable repair person (rental car or accommodation will not apply).
- Cost of vehicle repairs prior to Kia involvement.
- Cost of any parts not covered under warranty.
- Vehicles of 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight.
- Consequential loss or damage resulting from acts, events, and circumstances beyond the control of Kia Motors New Zealand Limited including, but not limited to industrial disputes, strikes, flood conditions, adverse weather conditions, geographic inaccessibility, and the absence or unavailability of sub-contractors which may delay, interfere with, or prevent the provision of some, or all the Kia Roadside Assist programme.
Incident Care - Ph 0800 800 542
Free for the first five years, Kia Incident Care looks after your car in the unfortunate event of an accident. Just let us know you’ve been involved in an incident and we’ll make sure your car gets back on the road fast. We’ll even help complete the claim forms, provide you with a courtesy car and make sure your Kia is repaired to exacting standards. To take advantage of the Kia Incident Care benefits please call 0800 800 542 in the first instance. The claim facilitator will advise your nearest authorised body repair agent based on your insurer and location, and co-ordinate all arrangements for you.
1 - Complimentary late-model courtesy car for the duration of the repair (in most locations)
2 - Salvage/towing co-ordination for undriveable vehicles
3 - Complimentary pick-up and delivery of the damaged vehicle to and from the repair facility
4 - Claim form provision and facilitation to insurance broker or insurance company
5 - Dedicated case manager throughout the end-to-end experience
6 - Repair progress tracking including target completion dates
7 - Complimentary vehicle valet at completion
8 - Documented quality inspection
9 - Dispute resolution and/or co-ordination of fault rectification
10 - Written service guarantee issued at completion
Terms and Conditions:
a) The vehicle is within the respective Warranty period
b) The vehicle is covered by a valid insurance policy
c) Your vehicle repair will be covered by an insurance claim
You've found a Lucky Football.
You can now either use the secret code to sign up and nominate a child to go in the running to become a mascot mate. Or if you already have a child nominated you can redeem the secret code to give more votes to that child.