- 2018 Picanto From $18,490 + on road costs
- 2017 Rio From $22,490 + on road costs
- 2017 Cerato From $31,990 + on road costs
- 2017 Optima From $45,790 + on road costs
- 2017 Soul From $32,490 + on road costs
- 2017 Sportage From $35,990 + on road costs
- 2017 Sorento From $55,990 + on road costs
- 2017 Carnival From $49,990 + on road costs
Kia Motors NZ collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
• Business Relations
Consumer information is usually collected as owner information at point of sale or via promotions, competitions and consumer queries.
The information may include:
- Your name, address, contact number(s), date of birth (DOB) Drivers Licence number and email address
- Details of the vehicle/s you have purchased
- Information about your financial position and employment status
- Information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- Details of any prizes you may have won
- A record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Kia Motors NZ collects this information directly from you.
We use it for the following purposes:
- To contact you directly about Kia Motors, its vehicles, reminders for servicing, safety recalls, special offers and other promotions
- To register new owners in our “Roadside Assistance Programme”
- To reward you for being a loyal Kia Motors customer
- To inform you of Kia Motors products or publications we think you might be interested in
- To provide to Kia Motors NZ dealers so they may inform you about finance options with the applicable finance companies, assist you with credit applications and inform you about special offers
- To approve transactions you wish to make
- To confirm your identity
- To provide you with products you have requested
- To follow up or pursue any queries you make
- To conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Kia Motors NZ is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
We use a SSL certificate on our website to ensure the data you submit on the site is just between you and us, or other people who you agree we can supply the data to under this policy. Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins.
Tracking and advertising
Kia Motors NZ uses Facilitate and the Google Display Network (GDN) to deliver online advertising where Kia banner ads are placed on third party websites. When you view a Kia Motors NZ advertisement on a third party website, Facilitate and GDN uses “cookies” and/or ‘iframes’ to collect non-personal information. When you access the Kia website after viewing a Kia advertisement on a third party website, Kia collects information on how you use the Kia website, such as which web pages you view and what action/s you perform.
Kia Motors NZ uses Google Analytics to collect information on how you use Kia and third party websites.
Kia and its agencies use information collected to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest. This information may also be used to present relevant advertising on Kia.com/nz (and dealer pages) and other web sites where we advertise. Kia may disclose the information collected in aggregate (not personal) form only, to third parties including advertisers, potential advertisers, advertising agencies or its parent companies.
Hotjar is a new all-in-one Analysis and Feedback tool that reveals the online behaviour and feedback of website visitors. Hotjar gives us the 'big picture' of how to improve your website experience and our websites performance. Hotjar may be used to manage surveys and polls on the website, and all data collected is non-personal, which may be shared with our agencies and / or parent company.
For more information about Facilitate, Google Analytics and Hotjar see the links below:
Important information on promotions, competitions and other marketing activities for consumers
- All entries become the property of Kia Motors NZ (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Kia Motors NZ) and are held for up to 4 months after the prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
- Kia Motors NZ may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Kia Motors, its vehicles, special offers, consumer research and other promotions unless otherwise advised by you. You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us. You may also request an update or correction of the personal information we hold about you by putting the request in writing to the Kia Motors NZ Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access, and correction of details’.
- Winners’ names and cities will be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
Unless specifically stated in this policy, Kia Motors NZ does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Kia Motors outsources certain business functions to other organisations and Kia Motor's dealers may use your personal information to facilitate lending with applicable finance companies if you make a finance enquiry.
For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Kia Motors NZ, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- Related companies
- Organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and hosting sites / providers consumer research agencies
- Credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- Government or statutory authorities that may directly contact you on behalf of Kia Motors NZ
- Kia Motor's dealers to enable such dealers to inform you about your finance options with applicable finance companies, and assist you with credit applications
Cohesion net ratings
Kia Motors NZ uses Cohesion Net Ratings website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic patterns to and from our website. The system is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, the time spent on our website, and common entry and exit points into and from the website.
From time to time, random anonymous surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users - participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary.
How does it work?
All our pages are coded with a small piece of Cohesion Net Ratings code that is transparent to you when you read that page. The code stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to the website. This information is collected and aggregated by Cohesion Net Ratings and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you. Aggregated information is then provided to us by Cohesion Net Ratings to assist in our analysis of our websites. No individual visitors are identified.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Kia Motors NZ holds on you by contacting the Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Kia Motors to correct the information.
Contact kia motors privacy officer
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer Or write to: Kia Motors NZ, PO Box 204090, Highbrook, Auckland, 2161
Issued by Kia Motors New Zealand Limited June 2017