Introducing the all-new Kia pro_cee’d GT Turbo
By Kia New Zealand Apr 10th 2014
Kia’s first hot hatch in New Zealand.
Built in Europe and showcasing the latest turbocharged technology, crisp handling and cool styling, the all-new pro_cee’d GT Turbo is worthy of the Gran Turismo nameplate. But the emphasis on everyday driveability remains.
You may well recognise similarities between this pro_cee’d GT Turbo and its stablemate, the Kia Cerato Koup Turbo. Both feature the turbocharged version of Kia’s 1.6-litre ‘Gamma’ direct-injection engine, developing 150kW and 265Nm of torque. However the biggest difference lies in the GT’s slick 6-speed manual transmission.
Peter Schreyer, our Chief Design Officer, explains the philosophy behind the design: “We pictured a world-class sprinter crouched in the starting blocks and our eyes were drawn to their bulging shoulder muscles, full of power and pace, ready to be unleashed. That’s what we wanted to capture – all that performance potential, just waiting to be unleashed.”
“This car embodies emotion and energy through and through. You know from a single glance that this is a car you want to drive, not just own.”
- Lower, broader bumper/air dam and a wide central lower air intake
- High-gloss black inserts housing the GT’s unique ‘ice-cube’ LED daytime running lamps and fog lights
- Bold shoulders and steeply angled tailgate glass, further emphasised by a diffuser section in the lower edge of the rear bumper, separating the dual sports exhaust outlets
- Combination LED lamp units that give the car a unique signature at night
- 3-way adjustable heated Recaro sports seats upholstered in leather and suede
- Heated leather steering wheel, and alloy sports pedals with non-slip rubber inserts
- 265Nm of torque, available without interruption from 1,750rpm to 4,500rpm
- Acceleration from 0-100km/h in 7.7 seconds on the way to a top speed of 230km/h
- Impressive fuel consumption 7.4 L/100km and low CO2 emissions (171g/km)
- Independent suspension front and rear for local driving conditions that includes increased damper rebound and compression rates, stiffer springs and bushes, plus a larger rear anti-roll bar
- Stylish 18-inch alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres specially selected to suit the car’s performance
- Comprehensive safety specification including Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BAS), six airbags, seat-belt reminder, impact-sensing door unlocking and three child seat anchors, plus two ISOFIX child-seat mounting.
- Push-button start and proximity key,
- Dual-zone climate control, electric windows, electrically operated and heated folding mirrors
- Anti-theft alarm, cruise control
- 5-year warranty programme that incorporates 24-hour roadside assistance.